Babies need and deserve gentle care. The most important part of taking care of your baby, after its health, is taking care of its skin. A baby’s skin is not coarse or hardened due to exposure to sunlight. It is soft, gentle, and very delicate. Well, if you want to keep your little one’s skin just like that and provide him or her with the best skin care possible, then here are a few things that you ought to remember when it comes to the skincare of a baby:
- The first and the most important thing is that you have to select the right kind of products. Nothing is better than organic products and hence it is the safest to go with them. You can try out a few mama eBaarth organic baby products in India for a nice skin care regime for your baby. However, do not forget to consult with the paediatrician attending to your child, before switching products or starting to use a new one.
- A baby’s skin is naturally moisturized and since babies are not that dirty, you do not need to bathe your child every day for the first few months. Stick to a routine of bathing your baby 2-3 times a week. Babies have a very soft skin and if you bathe the little one with too much rigour, then it is bound to make the moisture on the skin to fade away and make it more susceptible to various types of skin diseases. So, it is best to stick to a balanced routine.
- Cleansing is very important for your baby. We all like to cleanse ourselves before going to bed and that is something that you can follow for your baby too. The trick to proper cleansing is not going for a proper bath but rather cleaning your baby’s face and hands with a soft towel and some lukewarm water to clear the dirt away. Though a baby does not get dirty due to less exposure to outside environment, this is a healthy practice. However, do not water your baby’s head since the child might catch a cold. When it comes to winter months you can do this cleansing routine with a one day gap. The most important part for this night time cleansing is to make sure that you wipe off all the water as soon as you are done with it.
- Another thing that you must include as a part of your baby’s skin routine is moisturizing. This will make up for the moisture that is lost, every time you give your child a bath. If you are wondering what would make a good moisturizer, then you can try out the crème based ones since these are smooth and keep your baby’s skin moisturized for a long time. You can try out a few from mama earth organic skin products for best results. Do this twice a day to make it more effective.
- And finally, always remember that prevention is better than cure. So, if you see rashes or maybe a little acne creeping up on your darling’s skin, take him or her immediately to the dermatologist, and get it checked out. Do not ignore it thinking that it will go away on its own.
These are some very basic tips that will help you to take much better care of your baby’s skin and provide you with the best results.